OK guys, you are going to love this one!
This super easy recipe makes about 10-12 protein balls so enough for a couple of days if you’re good! They will give you a great energy boost in between meals and they are guilt free! Well you know, they are made out of good things!Ingredients:
- Half a cup of oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 or 1 1/2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter – I use crunchy peanut butter
- pinch of sea salt
- optional – seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia etc. for extra crunch)
- Mash banana in a bowl and add all other ingredients apart from oats.
- Continue to mash the mixture with a fork. (It will become quite gooey)
- Add in the oats and mix well. If you feel that the mixture is too wet, add more but don’t make it too dry. When it sets in a fridge you’ll see why.
- I used two tablespoons to scoop them out into medium sized balls and place them on a plate. Using your hands would be too messy.
- Once you have them all on a plate, leave them to refrigerate in a fridge for 30 mins.
- You will find that they have set at this stage and you can roll them into round balls like I did if you want.
You can refrigerate them for up to 3 days (cover with cling film).